Thursday, August 14, 2008

Life is So Precious


Well a lot has been going on for us. We spent a couple of days in Cedar City and at the Cabin. To celebrate our anniversary(a couple of days early) which was on Tuesday, August 12 - we went to see Les Miserables at Tuacahn in St. George on Saturday, it was amazing...we had such a great time. The actors did a great job and the scenery was incredible. It was really nice to spend an evening out together - we don't do it enough. Anyways - I just have to let everyone know, especially Coby, that I consider myself the luckiest person alive to be married to the man of my dreams and to have such a wonderful life. Coby is my better half in every way and we have had a wonderful life together so far - three years!! This last Sunday, we were getting ready to leave Cedar City - when we found out that Coby's Uncle Dustin and his family had been in a car accident and that Dustin had been badly injured and life-flighted to the hospital - we left Cedar and brought Coby's mom (Dustin is her brother) to see him, just before we got to the hospital we received the phone call that he had died. We are all very sad for the loss of such a wonderful father, friend, and Uncle. His wife and three kids were all in the car, but only had minor injuries. As I sit and reflect on such a tragic accident - I realize how precious life is and how it could have been any of us. I feel so blessed to have the Gospel in my life - it softens the blow at times like this and helps you keep things in perspective. I also feel so grateful for a wonderful husband who loves me so much and is continually reminding me how much he loves me and how important I am to him. In Memory of Dustin - live life to the fullest everyday - so you don't have any regrets.

3 comments:

Dustin Family said...

Thanks so much for that post it meant so much! Give Coby and his family our sympathy and love! I love you so much and am so grateful to have such a wonderful sister!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tribute to Dustin. Things such as this make us really stop and reflect on our own lives. I agree we must live each day to the fullest and love all those around us always. Live life with no angry words and no regrets ever.

ashley said...

I'm sorry for your loss; if you and Coby need anything let me know. Tragedies like this really put things in the right perspective. You are both wonderful people and even though we don't see each other as often as we should I appreciate having you as friends.