Well I debated whether or not to post anything on my blog - but in the end I decided too...This last week I went to my first doctor's appointment because we were going to have another baby. The doctor couldn't find the baby's heartbeat and so we did an ultrasound...I should have been about 10 weeks along and the baby was measuring 6 weeks and didn't have a heartbeat. Needless to say I was a bit shocked and taken by surprise at what was happening. I couldn't really register everything the doctor was saying. Later it came together -when he told me that I needed to have some blood tests to see if the baby was still growing or had stopped. We got the results back and the baby wasn't living anymore - so we scheduled a D & C - which I had yesterday. The D & C went really well and I am feeling much better today now that the anesthesia has worn off - the worst part was trying to get an IV in my stubborn veins - and when they put me to sleep - the anesthesiologist injected the medicine into my veins and said it would burn - well that was an understatement - I felt like my arm was on fire and that I could somehow relate to Bella -anways... This last week has been really emotional and my arms ache for the baby I will never hold... how grateful I am for the plan of salvation and my temple marriage - I pray continually that I will be able to hold this baby someday. The baby was due October 6.
10 years ago
18 comments:
Sorry, I just posted a previous comment and decided to add more...once again, so sorry for your loss. It's such an emotionally and physically difficult thing to go through. When I had mine (nearly the exact same stage of pregnancy) my sister-in-law shared a sweet story that she experienced after her 1st miscarriage.
She said she was driving in the car and was feeling sorry for herself (still 8 months later and not pregnant) when she felt an absolute reassurance that the Lord was watching over her. She felt that a special spirit was prepared to come to their family and the last baby's physical body was not good enough to house this spirit...but she had another baby in her now that was ready to receive that spirit. She went home, took a pregnancy test, and it was positive.
Obviously not doctrine, but it did give me a huge amount of comfort to think that there are reasons behind miscarriages that we don't fully understand and we won't miss out on the blessings the Lord has for us in the end.
I am so sorry for your loss. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We'll be thinking of you!
The Corry's
Steph, I am so sorry for your loss. I know it must be so hard, but what an amazing attitude and eternal perspective you have. Keep it up, and know that Heavenly Father loves us, and has a plan for us. We are praying for you.
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm glad that you are doing better and i know you will see your little one again. Thank you for sharing your strength with us!
Oh no!! I am so sorry Steph. That is such a hard thing to go through. I think "missed" miscarriages are worse than normal miscarriages. We had almost the exact same experience last March and it's just awful. I'm here for you if you need anything! You, Coby, & Alaina are in our prayers!
We love you all!!!
Hey Stephanie, I'm so sorry to hear! I went through the same thing inbetween Nyah and Graham and it was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I too had a D&C (I was 12 weeks) and it was pretty emotional. Please email me if you ever want to talk about it! I hope you start feeling better! -Shayna shaynamarie7@hotmail.com
Hey Steph, I'm so sad to hear about what you and your family are going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you know how wonderful and special you are. You are so loving and caring and I can tell that you are a great mother. Hang in there, the Lord will help you through. Let me know if I can do anything for you...I know I'm in Texas, but please if there is anything, just say the word.
Brittany
Dearest Daughter of Mine: Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and if you need absolutely anything you call me. We love you tons!! You will be blessed if you continue to be diligent and have the great attitude you have. Your a great example to all of us. Love ya!!
We are so sorry for you both. You will be in our thoughts.
Steph...I am sorry to hear of your sadness...I feel so bad...I wish I could just take you in my arms and hold you and tell you everything will be ok....we love you...God bless you, honey.
Coby and Stephani,
We are so sorry to hear about this. I'm so glad you guys are such strong people and truly understand Heavenly Father's plan for us all. You will hold your child someday, I don't doubt it a bit!! We love you guys!
~Dustin & Andra
Stephani I just want you to know that you truly are amazing. You are so strong and have handled this so well. You have an amazing attitude. We are so lucky to have the gospel in our lives and to know the plan of salvation. I love you so much! You are the best. If you need anything or need anyone to talk to, call me. I love you!
I'm so sorry! Suffering a loss seems almost unbearable. Aren't we grateful for the Gospel! You have great perspective; thank you for your example. We are thinking and praying for you.
I'm so sorry you guys. It's such a hard thing to go through. You will be in our prayers.
We love you Steph and Coby and Alayna!!! We are still praying for you. Good luck with everything that is going on. We love you so much!!!
Steph, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it happens all the time and people think of it as common but it doesn't help the hurt your heart feels. I also had a miscarriage before I got pregnant with Kyle and I can still remember that sadness! We love you and your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment