Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

Alayna and Benson have wanted to be zombies since June - thanks to the game they discovered on Grandma's Ipad "Plants vs Zombies".  The obsession reaches to many areas of our life...we play zombies at home a lot...the kids will take turns being plants and trying to attack the zombie.  It is hilarious to watch.  Alayna draws a picture everyday at school - since school has started about 90% of her pictures have been zombies.  The kids were thrilled with their "I love Brains" shirts that we made - it even glowed in the dark.  The kids were also super excited to win our Ward Halloween Party Costume Contest for "Best Kids Costume"!
 Last week after we had FHE, we bobbed for apples...it was a huge success with the kids.  They thought it was so funny and loved it.
Still laughing even though Dad just dunked her head.
Dad trying the "Hoover" approach...it worked!
Benson trying to nibble the apple out :)

So funny!
Our pumpkins!

Helping Dad with the dirty work.
Last weekend ...the kids went to our friend Peter's birthday party.  The 50's drive-in theme was a huge success. The kids loved sitting in their cars and watching "Cars" while they ate diner-style lunch.


Alayna had a five day weekend thanks to a scheduled day off of school and two "Hurricane Sandy" weather cancellation days.  We were very grateful that all it did was rain and feel aweful for all the people that got hit the worst.  We invited some friends over and had a sugar cookie marathon.  Alayna decorated about 4 plates of cookies herself.
Getting started! There is something magical about sugar cookies.  Kids just love them!!

4 comments:

Kali said...

I love their costumes so much! They are the cutest zombies I have ever seen! I heard about your zombie dinner tonight! You are the best mom ever :) I seriously need to come visit. Love and miss you guys tons!!

Juli said...

You guys have so much fun! I wish we lived by you or you lived by us :). The kids' costumes turned out so cute. I love the pictures of bobbing for apples it looks so fun! We sure love ya!

Dustin Family said...

Oh my goodness!!! Cutest pictures I've ever seen in my life!! What zombie dinner did you have... brains?? You are seriously so cool! Thanks for being my inspiration!! LOVE YA!

The UnMighty said...

It must be going around. My kids have been on a zombie kick since the beginning of October.