Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Middle of Nowhere


Today we went to the middle of nowhere - where Coby's family was camping for the weekend. Alayna had a great time running around in the dirt - and "driving" (sitting in it and turning the wheel) Joey's green truck.

Hanging out in Grandpa Lloyd's motorhome - that is literally a house on wheels - pretty luxurious.

Alayna and her Great-Great-Grandma Richard (5 generations)


Getting ready to shoot her pink rocket that Aunt Jami made for her - Alayna loved to watch the kids shoot their rockets but only pushed the button once and then preferred to watch from a distance and run around waving her rocket.

The Easter Egg hunt - we practiced before so Alayna could hold her own with all of the other kids there - the little kids got a head start.

Coby got me with the famous "Kitchen Confetti Egg" - an eggshell filled with confetti that someone breaks over your head. No worries - I got him back pretty good!

Alayna just keeps going!

Alayna showing off her full basket!

I've been looking around online and trying to get ideas for Alayna's hair - so we tried another new hairstyle - her hair wasn't quite long enough, but it turned out pretty cute with the braids pulled back up and the ends curled.

5 comments:

Kali said...

SO cute!!! looks likes you guys had a lot of fun!! Did Grandma and Grandpa ever find Itzy?

Unknown said...

looks like a super fun day!! Babes hair is so dang cute!! You are a good mama!

Juli said...

Alayna's hair is so cute! It looks like you guys had tons of fun. I'm glad you taught to stand on her own- she is so smart.

LaMar & Donna Davis said...

Coby, Your sweet family is SOOOO CUTE!!!! You sure found a WONDERFUL Gal, I can just tell what a jem she is - so happy for you, you deserve it. I LOVE LOOKING at your blog!!! ILY Sister Donna Davis

Dustin Family said...

How fun!! I thought the picture of you was SO cute! Alayna looks like she had a great time. I took Madeline to an Easter egg hunt yesterday, but I forgot to get her a basket... so she had to put the eggs in our diaper bag, not as fun, but at least I learned this year... :)