Wednesday, August 11, 2010

5 Years Down and Eternity to Go!



Elder Russel M. Nelson said, "Celestial Marriage is a pivotal part of preparation for eternal life. It requires one to be married to the right person, in the right place, by the right authority, and to obey that sacred covenant faithfully. Then one may be assured of exaltation in the celestial kingdom of God."
Last Sunday I taught the lesson in Young Women's on "Temple Marriage". I was so grateful for the opportunity to sit down and reflect on my own temple marriage 5 years ago to my best friend! It was the most sacred, beautiful, amazing day of my life. Words cannot express what I felt as I kneeled across the altar from Coby - and I knew that I was marrying the "right person, in the right place, by the right authority." I have loved every minute of our lives together. Coby is everything to me and I love him unconditionally!! Together we are making all our dreams come true and are living right now - our happily ever after!
I love this quote be our beloved prophet, President Monson, "I would admonish you to maintain an eternal perspective. Make certain that the marriage in your future is a temple marriage. There is no scene so sweet, no time so sacred as that very special day of your marriage. Then and there you glimpse celestial joy. Be alert; do not permit temptation to rob you of this blessing."

3 comments:

Juli said...

Happy Anniversary tomorrow! I can't believe that you have already been married 5 years, it seems like just yesterday we were picking you up from your mission. In another 5 years you could have like 7 children, ha. Anyway thanks for the quote it made me even more excited to get married in just a couple months to my very best friend. I look up to you and Coby a lot, thanks for all you do!

Dustin Family said...

Awwwwww!!! You are so cute!! I'm so happy you and Coby are married!! I LOVE YOU GUYS! Hope you had a great day!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that Coby is in our family. We love you both sooo much!!!