Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Because My Life Revolves Around Her!


I don't know why I think messy faces are so cute, but they are - maybe because they clean up pretty easy. It seems like not much has been going on for us - but Alayna and I are always having a great time - even if Coby is studying!

I am so excited that I can get her to smile - every once in awhile - and catch it on camera - even if her face is messy.

This is on top of the mountain of snow in front of Grandpa Brad's house - Alayna thought she was on top of the world.
It will probably never melt!
On Saturday - Coby, Alayna, and I went to the Draper Temple Open House - the temple is so beautiful. It was very busy and took us over three hours to get through, but it was well worth it. We were overwhelmed by the beauty of the Celestial Room and the whole temple and the Spirit that was there. Alayna was so excited to go to the temple and had to point out every picture of Jesus that we passed. She also loved the chandeliers and continually said, "Pretty, pretty." I wanted a picture of all of us by the temple, but they actually don't let you wander the grounds during your tour - so we went back the next day and Alayna was asleep by the time we got there so we didn't get out of the car. Coby and I are excited because the Draper Temple will be the temple we are supposed get to attend. Next week I am excited and privileged to get to volunteer a couple of times - I get to do some Hosting and I also get to play the piano. Yeahh - I've been practicing every day.
This house is right above the temple - and Coby and I thought that it was really neat and castlelike - it is huge - from the back it is even bigger - and off to the left - you can see a bridge that leads to a huge garage and probably guest house.
Here Kali and Alayna are having a picnic! Thanks Kali for babysitting so Coby and I could go on a date! Now - Alayna always asks if we are going on a "date". This cute little table is were I spend half of my day - having tea parties, picnics, and making soup.
Alayna has a huge sticker fetish - and found a page of stickers I must have not put away and they were everywhere - a few ended up on her belly.

Here is a cute little video of Alayna showing her support for Obama on Inauguration Day, while we watched the parade. Someday she will look back and know that she was a part of history - even if she can't remember it.

7 comments:

andrea said...

I love messy faces too!!!!

Jen said...

I am jealous that you got to go to the new temple! We were really wanting to go, but unfortunately the open house started a week after we left Utah. That is also awesome that you get to volunteer! We did get to drive by both of the new temples in the Salt Lake Valley while we were there, and they are both so gorgeous!

Dustin Family said...

Stephani you are like the coolest EVER!!!! Alayna's face is so so so so so cute!!!! That's awesome that you guys went to the open house, I'll bet that she'll always have a tiny memory of it. Also you are so cool for volunteering! What a neat thing! You'll have to let me know how it goes. That's so funny that you guys watched the inaguration we did too and Madeline was cheering the whole time too. Are babies know! :) Thanks for the cute update!! I LOVE YA!!!

Blake and Katie Summers said...

awww... i love a messy face. She is getting so big!!! So when is your number two coming? (;

Unknown said...

I could just kiss that cute little messy face! She is so dang cute. I love the blog update. She will always be queen of the hill!!

Kali said...

What a cute little girl. I love her, and I totally loved having picnics, tea party's and making soup. I will babysit anytime, so you can go on a "date" and we can play. Give the little mutton a kiss for me!

Juli said...

alayna is so cute, I totally love her little smile. good luck playing the piano at the open house, you will do so good!