Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Alayna!


Alayna turned 3 years old this last week - I can't even believe it!! She helped me make her birthday cake - I saw this on a friends blog who got the idea here. I thought the cake was so neat - we had to make it for Alayna's b-day and since she loves skittles and marshmallows - it was perfect!

Showing off her "purple paint nails" that we did on her b-day!


Alayna got a mitt and a bunch of t-ball stuff and outdoor toys. She was ecstatic. She is going to be a softball player - she is truly a natural!

Is it dangerous to be the photographer?! YES! I totally did not see this coming towards me!


We sang "Happy Birthday" all day long...and we had to light the candles and blow them out twice - the second time she sang to herself.

Yay! The rainbow cake worked!! I was really scared I would have a cooking disaster!

4 comments:

Kali said...

love the cake!! it was so cute! you did an awesome job! now you are going to have a standard every year! :)

Unknown said...

What a fun birthday we had with grandma's little muffin!!! I love this little girl so much!! She is my breathe of fresh air that I need real often. The ray of sunshine that lights my heart...Thanks for letting us hang with you guys on her birthday. And the cake is absolutely wonderful!!!! You are the best cook ever!

Jen said...

I enjoyed reading all the updates, and of course the great pictures! I can't believe Alayna is 3! Happy Birthday Alayna! And that rainbow cake looks awesome!

Dustin Family said...

That is SERIOUSLY the most amazing cake I have EVER seen in my life!! I can't believe you did that! You are the coolest mom ever!! I guarantee she will always remember that!