Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What a Weekend!


This last weekend on Saturday I ran in a 6K(3.72 miles) race at Thanksgiving Point. There were 1800 women there - crazy...a little bit claustrophobic, but I actually had a lot of fun doing it. It is the first time I have run a race since my Freshman year of High school - 14 years ago (yikes, I'm old!!) I really only started running in September so I was really pleased when I was able to accomplish my goals of running the whole time and completing the race in less than 45 min.

I was lucky to have some really great supporters - cheering me on.


There was plenty of fun things to do to keep Alayna entertained.



I finished 233 overall and ran 3.72 miles in 40:46 - which is a 10:56 minute mile. As soon as I finished my race we got in the car and headed south for a quick 24 hour visit to see Baby Kamree be blessed.

We also got to see Aunt Kasey leave for her homecoming date.

My cute little family all ready for church.

And Benson got his first real haircut - I guess you could say. After pics to come soon!

3 comments:

Kali said...

super cute pictures! you did awesome at your race!!! you inspire me! however- i will probably never run one with you :) love ya!

Dustin Family said...

I LOVE the race pictures!!!! You look SO cute!!! I so wish we could've been there, I would've totally done it with you... don't know if I could've, but I would've tried!! :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I just love looking at your blog. You do such a good job. I wish I could run like that. You did awsome! Kiddos are too cute.