Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Pool, Bumps, Bruises, & Bubbles


Alayna this last week spotted her pool folded on the top shelf in our storage room, she was pointing up and grunting and wouldn't leave until I got her what she wanted. So we blew up her pool and she read books and played and watched movies in her pool every waking moment for three days.

Getting ready to watch her very favorite movie "101 Dalmations".

If you look closely at Alayna's forhead - you can see the goose egg and the bruise that doesn't go away. She has fallen and hit her head in the same place several times these last couple of weeks trying to carry things that are too long to carry - like my t-shirts out of the laundry baskets and blankets.

Cute face and bumpy forhead!


So we don't have a bath tub at our house, so poor Alayna up until a few weeks ago was still taking a bath in the kitchen sink - she didn't fit very well, but we were making it work - until she started splashing out of control. After her baths I would have to sop up all the water and mop the floor. This only lasted two days until I decided no more sink baths! So now I make her stand in the bottom of the shower - she didn't like it at first, but she is now really enjoying it - she has no other option. The other day Grandma Lana and Kali got to babysit and she got a real bath in a big bathtub at Grandma's house - she was overjoyed and played for quite awhile. She loved the bubbles and sliding from the top of the tub to the bottom and as you can see she hasn't gotten over her splashing and Grandma, Kali, and the bathroom were completely soaked. Too much fun!

2 comments:

Dustin Family said...

YAY!!! I loved the new pictures. Cute new hair-do!!! I loved the blown up pool too, that's so much fun! We love you guys! Are all the leaves changing there? Isn't it fun? I love you Steffers!!!

Blake and Katie Summers said...

I caught Blake oohing and awwing over your pictures... I think you guys are making him baby hungry!