On Friday my sister Juli ran the Salt Lake Deseret News Marathon. Here she is at about mile 23 - looking good I have to say and still running!
Her pace picked up and a smile plastered her face as she realized she was going to finish her first marathon. She did really well finishing at 4 hours 8 min.
We had a great time watching and cheering Juli on - we are proud of her for accomplishing something so incredible!
Preston and Alayna celebrating Juli's finish with a little dance!
And sharing a Fat Boy that was meant for Juli....
For the 24th we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows on my dad's firepit in their backyard - Alayna loves "a hot dog on the fire" and is always asking Grandpa for it.
We had a monumental day last week - when Alayna actually pooped in the potty for the first time - here she is showing off her two gummy worms. Don't let this fool you though - we are not that successful on a daily basis in potty training - she has gone a few times but really has no desire to do it all the time. So we wait....
6 comments:
Juli is pretty incredible. Its so amazing. I look up to her- wish I could do that!! Maybe if you bought your kid better treats she'd want to go potty more ;)
That's great that you have started potty training already. We are thinking about starting to train both of our two children together soon. My son, who is three and a half, has no desire at all. I think though that if I use your candy idea it just might be motivation enough! Let's hope! Being done with diapers, for now at least, would be a blessing!
Love the update. Juli is a hero to all of us. Thanks for coming and spending the day with us. We had so much fun. It was a great day together!! Love ya all!
Wow, Juli is my hero. Maybe someday I'll be able to run 1 mile without throwing up or passing out.
HOORAY for poopy in the potty!!!
YAY FOR ALAYNA!!! YAY FOR JULI!!! Cute background and post Steph! We are so excited to see you guys soon. We love you so much!! I LOVE your family picture!! Love ya!!
Thanks so much for coming to support me! You will never realize how much it meant to me and seriously seeing you guys was the only thing that kept me going! I love you and am going to miss you while you are in cedar!
Post a Comment